It is expected that all belong, employees, students and volunteers understand and acknowledge both their individual and collective responsibility to clients, members, the Organisation, other staff, volunteers and students and other persons engaged in belong business to maintain a high standard of ethical and acceptable conduct.
In complying with the Code of Conduct employees, students and volunteers of belong will adhere to the following:
- Observe all policies, procedures, rules and regulations of the Organisation at all times;
- Comply with all Federal, State and local laws and regulations as it applies to the Organisation;
- Comply with all reasonable, lawful instructions and decisions related to their work;
- Maintain a high degree of ethics, integrity, honesty and professionalism in dealing with colleagues, clients and members of the wider community;
- Adhere to the Workplace Health and Safety Policy;
- Maintain the confidentiality of the Organisation’s operations in relation to service activities, confidential documentation and work practices at all times including the cessation of paid or voluntary employment;
- Take reasonable steps to ensure their own health, safety and welfare in the workplace, as well as that of their colleagues, clients and community members;
- Make themselves familiar with their workplace health and safety obligations.